By Asmita Kumari, Pinki Kumari, Sonam Kumari and Chandan Kumar
Published on: November 27, 2023
This story has been written by four students of the Veersinghpur Soochna Adhikar Kendra in Uttar Pradesh. Asmita Kumari, Pinki Kumari, Sonam Kumari and Chandan Kumar have narrated their experience at the centre.
We came to know about this centre about a year ago. When we visited we saw that it offers computer training for people of all ages. Mukesh sir, the SoochnaPreneur who runs this centre introduced us to the centre and told us all about it. We were very excited so we immediately enrolled ourselves in the program.
Over the past year we have learnt many skills and while writing this essay we decided that the best way to present our learnings would be with bullet points:
- Mobile Device Basics: Switching a mobile phone on and off.
- Mobile Photography: How to focus, how to adjust the lighting, how to choose the right settings and so much more. This has really helped us; photography is a new avenue for us to express ourselves and also cherish our memories.
- Mobile Communication: Making calls, text messaging and other ways to communicate using our phones.
- Laptop Proficiency: Our knowledge is now beyond the external components of laptops, we now know about the internal components and how it works.
- Typing Skills: We are now honing our typing skills and learning to work with applications like notepad and MS Word.
With Mukesh sir’s guidance and the Soochna Adhikar Kendra, we have embraced digital literacy and are much more confident about navigating the online world.