About the Organization:
Digital Empowerment Foundation aims to connect unreached and underserved communities of India to bring them out of digital darkness and empower them with information access through last mile connectivity, digital literacy, and digital interventions. With the motto to ‘Inform, Communicate and Empower,’ DEF aimsto find sustainable ICT solutions to overcome information poverty in remote and rural locations of India. To achieve this aim, DEF has adopted a multi-stakeholder approach and a sixfold path to enable communities, governments, schools, civil society organizations and microenterprisesto avail the benefits of the Information Age. Under this six-fold programme approach, DEF initiates projects in the areas of Access & Infrastructure; Education & Empowerment; Governance & Citizen Services; Markets & Social Enterprises; Knowledge Hub & Network; Research & Advocacy. We are currently looking for passionate individuals to join our team to work on a new project to cultivate critical digital literacy (the ability to produce, consumer and disseminate digital content critically) in rural India. We aim to achieve these by transacting contextualized, activity-oriented modules in a critical but empathetic manner that addresses the biases of the audience and makes them aware of the tactics behind misinformation, disinformation and cyber fraud. The selected candidate will lead the curriculum development and the training of the community members.
Job Title: Content Development Specialist
You will be integral in leading and creating focused training content for the underprivileged marginalized communities we work with. A successful content development specialist will go above and beyond to design and develop a range of responsive educational curricula within various fields of expertise. Ultimately, this role requires a passion for delivering exceptional & engaging training content.
• Developing clear and engaging content that is consistent with the organizational goals and learner needs.
• Lead the generation of content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action; decide who, where, and when to disseminate.
• Research and write content for the organization website, brochures, blogs, and newsletter.
• Will work closely with design and marketing teams to ensure that the content is engaging and consistent across all media platforms.
• Performing content audits to assess how well existing content is performing.
• Performing content gap analyses to determine what type of content is missing and what is needed
• Establishing style guides that specify the writing style and tone needed to create engaging content.
• Developing a solid understanding of the target audience through online and traditional market research
• Experience and knowledge in copywriting, proofreading and editing.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Utilize a variety of training techniques/methods to meet the needs of a diverse learning population
• Apply proven instructional design theories and methods to the development of engaging and relevant content that enhances learning transfer and retention
• Create learning objectives to appropriately match the identified training needs, and design content that meets those goals
• Produce hands on exercises, activities, and assessments that align with the content and learner, and are designed to reinforce learning
Education Qualification/Required Skills & Experience:
• Master’s degree in communication, journalism, public relations, or related field.
• A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in communication strategy development or in the training industry
• Portfolio of Published work
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Familiar with content creation/social media campaigns for Non-Profit organizations.
• Content writing experience for all media platforms.
• Proficiency in Hindi and English languages
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and relevant experience.
*Please send your CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the post in the subject line. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.