Digital Empowerment Foundation is always looking for enthusiastic interns, volunteers, researchers, writers and travellers, and degree or qualification is never a criterion. In fact, anybody, who is interested in ensuring ICT tools and digital media are used for helping the poorest of poor in the remotest of remote locations in an effort to pull them out of information darkness and empower them with digital literacy and access to information, can apply for an opportunity to work with DEF India.
DIGITAL EMPOWERMENT FOUNDATION
HOUSE NO# 44, 2ND & 3RD FLOOR, KALU SARAI, NEAR NARAINA IIT ACADEMY,
NEW DELHI, DELHI 110017
Objectives of the assignment:
A proper study of the linkage needs to be conducted on:
- Business plans for each recommended activity with potential linkages
- Potential links from location to the nearest market for sustainable economic activities
- Asses the demand for traditional items as well as other items in the markets
- Chain of supply/distribution that can be followed
- Blue-print for enhancing the economic status of the Smartpur villages with special focus on youth (boys and girls) and women.
This study will focus on 100 villages of these districts only:
North – Rajasthan (Alwar & Bharatpur), Haryana (Nuh), Uttar Pradesh (Barabanki & Ghazipur)
South -Andhra Pradesh (Prakasham and Visakhapatnam), Telangana (Yadadri Bhuvanagiri), Karnataka (Chamrajnagar), Tamil Nadu (Kanchipuram).
- The study will utilize both quantitative and qualitative method to capture the information from the respondent to understand the possibility and limitations
- Semi-structured interview schedules will be utilized to collect information from household and individual level.
- Focus group discussions, key informant interviews and case studies will be used to collect the qualitative aspect
- Traditional and non-traditional skill set/ aspirations of the youth
A period of three months for the draft report to be submitted. Another 15 days for finalisation and dissemination of the research findings
- 15 days of receipt of the contract: Inception report with research framework and timelines
- 15 days: finalization of tools and research methodology
- 30 days: Data Collection and analysis
- 30 days: Collation of findings and submission of draft report
- 15 days: Final Report
The agency shall produce the following payment-linked deliverables to Digital Empowerment Foundation for review:
- Inception Report
- Tools (both quantitative and qualitative)
- Draft report for internal review
- Final report (after incorporation of comments from Digital Empowerment Foundation)
- Implementation framework
- 30 % of the payment would be made on submission of the tools and research framework
- 30 % of the payment would be made on submission of the draft report
- 40 % of the payment would be made on submission of the final report
The consultant/agency should have:
- Sound understanding of thematic areas related to livelihood, agri-business, off-farm and on-farm activities, and employability and in developing business plans for rural communities.
- Appropriate experience of conducting research in rural areas.
Consultants/Agencies must present a broad proposal on the following aspects:
- Profile of the Agency/Consultant, especially highlighting similar studies done in the past and brief description of the impact achieved as a result of such study by the commissioning agency
- Technical Proposal: Approach, research design, method, data collection and proposed timeline for the research study
- Financial Proposal: This shall mention the expected budget including taxes for accomplishing the complete work.
All the information received for the duration of this assignment from Digital Empowerment Foundation has to be treated with confidentiality and must not be shared without prior written permission. For any queries or clarification, contact Nahid Jubair, Sr. Programme Manager, Digital Empowerment Foundation, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The advertisement will be for 10 days from 1st May to 10th May 2021. Email id to send application: email@example.com. Proposals submitted after the deadline shall not be taken into consideration.
Department / Project:
Admin and Operations
Contractual (Renewal on yearly basis)
Procurement / Sourcing:
- Identifying, developing & maintaining local / outstation vendor base for obtaining timely procurement of materials at favorable terms to ensure smooth operations.
- Preparing purchase schedules for timely procurement of materials, goods, capital equipment and services to ensure smooth execution of projects.
- Inviting offers from vendors / contractors as per Quantity, evaluating techno-commercially and awarding purchase orders / work contracts after negotiation.
- Preparing Annual Rate Contracts with vendors for stackable items & timely renewal of contracts after review.
- Identifying & developing quality vendor / supplier base for cost effective procurement of materials, spares and consumables; routine & project basis.
- Co-coordinating vendor development and executing PO.
- Handle purchase request- Purchasing of materials
- Generate quotations from the vendors
- Generating purchase order and purchase request
- Handling and managing Vendors
- Negotiate price- commercial terms & agreements with vendors
- Ensuring quality of material from vendors
- Follow up with vendors till delivery- timely delivery
- Arranging logistics for the delivery of material to the respective staff and center all over India
- Documentation / Filing
- Compilation of manual documents
- Monthly Purchase Register
- Excellent communications skills
- Quick learner and able to work in multi-tasking environment
- Develop and update purchasing policy and planning.
- Travel arrangement – Train and Air Ticketing
- Organizing event/exhibitions logistics.
Logistics/Supply Chain Management/Materials Management:
- Streamlining the system and procedures, establishing effective inventory control.
- Interfacing with the suppliers, comparing the rates, releasing P.O. terms & conditions, handling material verification and further inspecting the goods.
Post – Graduate in relevant field
Competency / Specialization:
planning & organizing, communication, fluency in oral and written English & Hindi ,work in teams decision making, implementation, monitoring & evaluation skills, analytical thinking and excellent problem-solving skills
Kind of Experience:
Proficient in MS-office
40,000 – 45,000 per month.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the post in the subject line. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with product manager to understand business requirements and turn them into technical specification and write high quality code
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution design and related code
- Package and support deployment of releases
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems
- Create technical specifications and test plans
Competency / Specialization:
- Extensive experience with C# and ASP.net / .NET Core 2.0 / .NET Web API core framework concepts and fundamentals/ MVC
- REST Web services & API Experience
- Strong architectural knowledge with two or more of – Micro Services, 12 Factor Applications and Event Driven architectures
- Messaging knowledge (Topics, Queues & Publish Subscribe)
- Experience with database development including relational database design, SQL, and ORM
- Agile Delivery experience
- Deploying .Net Core web application/api in Windows and Linux
- Experience with core Microsoft .Net technologies including: WCF, LINQ, and EF
- Experience designing and developing enterprise grade software
- Experience with source control management systems and deployment environment
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization.
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Experience with user interface design and prototyping
B.Tech/BE in IT/CS from any recognized university.
Communication (English / Hindi / Other Language):
Please send your CV to email@example.com with the name of the post in the subject line. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.