UNIVERSAL HUMAN RIGHTS DAY CELEBRATION, CIRC BATADRAVA, NAGAON, ASSAM
Place: Batadrava, Nagaon (Assam)
Staffs: Abhijit, Gulzar, Dibyajyotu Baruah, Dipanka Kar , Priyanka Kalita, Anupam Khataniar, Gitanjali Saikia & Mubarak Hussain
Report on Universal Human Rights Day Celebration
CIRC Batadrava , a Community Information & Resource Center situated in Batadrava, a rural area of Nagaon district of Assam has been trying its best to serve the local community in the field of Education, Awareness, Empowerment & all round development through or using the tools of ICT (Information Communication Technology) from the day of inception.
Celebration of Universal Human Rights Day at CIRC was an initiative in this processes to aware the community about their Rights as well as their Duties.
The objective of the day celebration was to make aware the common mass (Human) of their Rights & how to protect them from being violated.
The day celebration was scheduled from 12 noon to 2 pm (2 hrs) divided in the following sessions:
- Challenges of Human Rights By Gulzar Hussain & Abhijit Das
- Video Screening of I) Satyamev Jayete Aamir Khan episode on untouchability. II) Motivational Screening of Human Rights by Dibyajyoti Baruah & Dipanka Kar.
- Guest Speech on awareness of Human Rights by Mr. Bhuyan, O.C. Batadrava Police Station.
- Pledge with all students & audience.
- Vote of Thanks by Dibyajyoti Baruah
- Feedback session.
- Gifts to students participants of the day.
Around fifty numbers of participants were there in the programme including students & Community Resource Persons of the same area.
- People are very excited to know more about their constitutional rights
- People connects themselves with various lives events through Human Rights Program
- People took serious pledge for sustaining proper democratic environment
- People urged for such kind of awareness program in a frequent manner
To conclude it can be said that people are like dormant masters, they just need a push for any action. So this program makes such catalyst like vision among all participants and they vowed to restore all democratic eco-system around them.
End of the Report-
The following Pledge was undertaken:
Universal Human Rights Day Pledge
“We the native of earth, having solemnly resolve to constitute this earth a better place. We will always ensure the presence of universal rights, dignity, brotherhood, peace etc around us. We will never allow any kind of discrimination on the basis of caste, color, creed, religion, language, ethnic etc with us and our neighbor. We will strive to access our full constitutional rights along with the obedience of our prescribed duties. We will fight for the cause of our rights with obedience of our constitutional law and order till our last breath.
We sincerely taking this pledge on the eve of Universal Human Rights Day”