Taking forward the partnership with the Friedrich Naumann Foundation, an independent non-profit committed to promoting liberal policy and politics, we are hosting a summit on ‘Individual Rights in the Age of Digital Medium’ in Bengaluru, Karnataka on September 30, 2016. For the same, we invite papers on themes around (i) Access, Openness & Diversity; (ii) Emerging Issues & Solutions; (iii) Security, Privacy & Development; (iv) Policy, Regulations & Ethics. The last date for submitting abstracts is March 25, 2015.
Digital Empowerment Foundation (DEF) since its inception is bridging the digital divide, providing means to access information and creating conducive platform for youth, women and social media enthusiasts to bring awareness about users’ rights; digital literacy, and digital security. The objective of this summit is to bring stakeholders together to share their collective opinion, viewpoints and research papers on ‘Individual Rights in age of Digital Medium’. The outcome of the summit will be shared in form of research compendium which will further help in devising policy of users with respect to social media & their rights.
The objectives of the summit are:
- Create deepened dialogue and shared learning about Individual Rights specifically in online space
- Facilitate the exchange of information and ideas, and create a blueprint for future understanding the concept of individual digital rights
- Support the development of strategic partnerships between all levels of government, civil society organisations (CSOs) working in online freedom of expression, private and public sector agencies
- Develop a Research Compendium that is compilation of invited Research Papers on “Individual Rights & Digital Medium” exploring the new models of understanding and cooperation between all levels of government, private and public sector agencies.
- Published Research Compendium can be further used as second-level advocacy programme to further advocate policy advocators; policy makers and government.